Amazon Web Services can be reliable whether you are a business, in the government, or simply someone with personal interests. However, while AWS ranks high among the best on-demand cloud computing platforms, not many people know its features.
Before investing in such a service, it’s good to learn more about its basic functions. Luckily, this guide looks at these features:
1. Scalability and flexibility
AWS provides users with the ability to scale their cloud storage systems and APIs to suit their growing business needs. The service also has an Auto Scaling Service to help make this process convenient for users.
Elasticity in this context means being able to distribute any incoming traffic through different targets. These can include Instances, containers, IP addresses, and various other vital factors.
The system is also flexible because it allows users to select various preferences. These can include programming languages, operating systems, and databases systems. Such a privilege makes it easy for AWS users to focus on other equally important aspects of the business.
It’s a better alternative than learning new programming languages from scratch, which can be a hassle. The AWS Cloud Formation system is also part of its flexibility. It lets users migrate their system applications to AWS cloud systems conveniently.
The system also features the AWS OpsWorks, which makes it easy to update your data stores fast. It gives AWS systems users the freedom to focus on development and system growth. These sub-systems of AWS are also powerful and easy to customize to suit different operations and business goals.
2. Excellent Amazon Service Portfolio
Amazon offers various services to suit the different needs of each user. They also regularly update their service portfolio lists to help keep up with the increased needs for such digital solutions. It’s a unique service portfolio that ranks AWS high up than most other similar service providers.
Below is a list of the popular AWS services you can find:
- EC2 (Elastic Computer Cloud) refers to a service that provides users with bare servers that they can use to run their business software. Users have the freedom to choose different power capacities and requirements. You can learn more about ec2 instance types in this guide.
- VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) might not provide complete control over cloud systems. Instead, the system provides users access to cloud sections, which many refer to as the VPC. Through these systems, users can create networks and choose suitable servers for operations.
- S3 (Simple Storage Service) gives users the chance to upload and store data by using specialized folders (S3 Buckets.) These are file storage systems that the AWS platform uses for managing data.
- Elastic load balancing (ELB) allows users to balance and control traffic using different machines. It’s an excellent resource for businesses that want to expand their web applications to incorporate other users.
3. Availability of Learning Programs and Certifications
If your business needs individuals with skills in managing cloud systems, AWS offers the perfect solutions. The Training and Certification programs offered by the system can help one develop their software skills fast.
Most of the content offered through the courses is from industry experts, and they update the information regularly. AWS also provides classroom and digital training resources. Digital training provides learners with the flexibility of learning progressively.
There is also classroom learning where you can access the industry-leading concepts from experts. Whether you are a novice in using these systems or need to upgrade your skills, the AWS platform is perfect.
A good example would be the three-day instructor-managed training program known as MLOps Engineering on AWS. The system allows users to manage various challenges in managing system software for specific applications.
It can include applications such as software development, data engineers, and various other similar fields. The training program is available with a Certification to help validate the skills of each learner. The other convenient aspect of these classes is that they are available throughout the year.
There are various resources online that are important for scaling businesses. AWS is an excellent example because the system provides users with access to complex software at affordable prices. The training programs are also ideal for expanding each user’s skill base and capabilities.