India- a land of diverse culture and tradition is one place you cannot miss. It is an enormous country, and each region boost of a skill or tradition, you have to experience. To know such a country, reading about it is not enough! You need to travel it and experience the life, the warmth, and the nature of the place yourself. The problem with planning a trip for such a big country is where to start and which places to see?
That is why, we are listing four destinations in India that you need to see. For your first trip to India, make sure that you visit at least two of these four places and spend at least two or three days or more here to visit every temple, lake, resort, and more to enjoy the peace and variation India has to offer. For your second trip, you can cover more places because you truly cannot cover the entirety of India in one go.
So, pack your bags and visit this land to extreme adventures and try and cover these four destinations on your first trip.
The 4 must places to visit in India
1. Banaras or Varanasi
Varanasi, also known as Banaras or Kashi, is one of the most spiritual cities in India. Situated on the river Ganga, it is the oldest inhabited city of India.
Visit Banaras during the festival of colors- Holi, which comes in March. The celebration of Holi is a grand affair here. You cannot miss the food, bhang, color play, and spirituality in the air. Click images and use them to create Holi cards for family and friends as a token of your love for them.
- The grand evening aarti at the Dasaswamedh Ghat is a miraculous sight. Tons of people accumulate here to pray, chant, and do aarti using log-brass lamps.
- Another quintessential thing to do here is taking a boat ride at dawn in the Ganga river. The view and serenity are unmatchable.
- Check out the temples here, which are luxurious and one of a kind. If not all, include a visit to the Durga and the Kashi Vishwanath temple.
- Shop at the local market for amazing finds and gorge on the delicious street food.
- Visit the historic Sarnath fort.
2. The golden triangle tour
It includes Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur, all destinations perfect for your first trip to India. The distance between each city is quite doable via a car, and they have some excellent and unmissable sites and cultural experiences.
- Start with Delhi, the capital of India. It is a vibrant city with the best and cheap shopping experience for modern relics. It has quite a few historical monuments too, like the Red fort.
- Next, go to Agra, where one of the seven wonders of the world-Taj Mahal, is situated. The beauty and grandeur of this monument will leave you awe-struck. Other monuments like Fatehpur Sikri and Agra fort will keep you here for a day or two. Also, make sure you try the chaat and local market, which is the best.
- Jaipur, the last stop, is full of cultural marvels like Amer and Nahargarh fort and Birla temple. The local market of Jaipur is world-famous for cheap yet authentic traditional finds. Also, it is a perfect destination for wedding shopping.
Known as ‘God’s own country’, Kerala is one destination you need to include in your itinerary. It has beautiful beaches that will mesmerize you. Other things to do in this breath-taking place are:
- Go to Eravikulam national park to see the Neelakurinji, a flower that blooms once in 12 years.
- Stay in a houseboat in Alleppey tops and also go for a Shikara ride
- Enjoy the wildlife and stay in a treehouse in Thekkady
- Check out Veli Lake and enjoy a meal in the floating lake. It is only 8 Km from Thiruvananthapuram.
- Do watch Theyyam, a mystical act that happens in most temples in North Kerala.
- There are many more things to do here, but these are a must.
For mountain lovers and adventurous, Sikkim is heaven. The scenic beauty and unexplored destination make this perfect.
- Trekking is a must here as the trails are beautiful
- Visit the Kanchenjunga National park for an exceptional wildlife adventure
- Visit the Gurudongmar lake, the most mesmerizing place here.
- Click photos in the valley of flower-Yumthang Valley
- Paraglide in Gangtok
- Visit the town of Lachen and other scenic attractions in North Sikkim.
Visiting these on your first trip here is a must. They give you the best experience and insight into the mystical land, that is India.